Monday, August 20, 2012

The mommy diaries.....

One of my besties and also new mom challenged me to fill out these questions after she read it in a magazine and filled them out herself.

So, dear Avery, consider this a baby book entry from birth to 4 months--

Best Moment:
Best moment to date is the first time she actually grabbed onto my shoulder to hold on. Thinking about it now gets me all goo-goo and mushy. Man, I love that little chicken. Best moment that's reoccurring is coming home to her daily. When I get home she is ready for mommy time and I. LOVE. IT! She's so snuggly and sweet. I can tell while Nanny P is a rockstar, there's nothing like spending time with mom. And I'm lucky enough to be her!!!

Funniest Moment:
I suspect that cupcake is starting the teething process, massive amounts of drool, puts everything in her mouth, likes to gnaw on fingers, etc - you get the picture. So, the funniest moments are when she trys to go after a cheek to fulfill that need. I swear you would think the little toothless lady would gnaw your face off....and she might!

One thing you could live without:
Having to leave her everyday to go to work. The reward of her excitement and the paycheck makes it okay but I would love to be able to stay home with her and just soak in every little detail of every moment as she crawls, walks, talks and discovers life. And I must agree with my dear friend who put me up to this post...pumping well and maintaining a good enough milk supply -- which reminds me, it's about that time again!

Most embarrassing mom moment:
Luckily this was not in front of others but realizing a few days later that the blowout diaper she had not only got on the car seat but ran all the way through the base that was left in the car in 100 degree temps.

Looking forward to:
Everything. Wow, you never realize how much life there is to discover and teach out there until you are blessed with the innocence of a child. They are like little sponges soaking up every moment, every sound, and every image. I can see inquiries come across her face and am excited to get to the part when they become the inquisition. But i'm also looking forward to someone that can stop time, just so I can make sure to catalog every moment.

What I'm most nervous about:
Teeth is definitely a real concern but I chose to ignore it. So, i'm most nervous about solid food. I realize that sounds crazy but obviously the choke hazard is greatly increased as well as possibility of allergies. Then, good gracious I hope she's not a picky eater like her father, or let me tell you people, it's gonna be a knock down drag out at our house at meal time. YIKES!

Biggest Brag:
Avery rolled over for the first time at 2 mths. I was completely impressed. Now, she only does it when she feels like it. Boys, watch out! This one definitely has a mind of her own! My next brag would be her height! I swear she's gonna be some rock star model....at least I hope she doesn't peak in height at 4 mths old!

I'll also add that she loves water allbeit bathtime or pool time. She has such a blast. She's a tummy sleeper (I know, shame on me...write me up as bad parent of the year -- but it works for us). She has a great squeal and a super huge grin! She's rolling over - when she feels like it, which is usually in her crib. She sleeps through the night for the most part. She's officially in a size 3 diaper -- which came way faster than I thought it would (tear). She loves to be read to and has discovered the i phone -- sigh, it's already begun! She loves her saucer and to put things in her mouth. She's the brightest star in my world and I wasn't "living" until I had her.

-AJK

No comments:

Post a Comment